Worksheet is a combination of rows and column. When row and column inter-cross each other, there are make a rectangular shape, this rectangular shape is called Cell. A Cell is the smallest unit of worksheet.
Total number of cell is 17,179,869,184 in one worksheet.
Each cell has unique cell address. A cell address is combination of column name and row number.
|Figure: Active Cell address shows in|
Name Box as B3
In worksheet there are one cell Cell address always highlight with black border, this highlighted bordered cell called Active Cell. Name box display the active cell address.
1. What is Cell Reference
2. What is Absolute Cell Reference
3. What is Relative Cell Reference
4. What is mixed Cell Reference
5. Create a Cell reference on the same worksheet
6. Create a Cell reference to other worksheet
You might also like to read:
Learn Ms Excel Online step by step